Lamar State College - Port Arthur, a member of The Texas State University System, is an open-access, comprehensive public two-year college offering quality and affordable instruction leading
to associate degrees and a variety of certificates. The College embraces the premise that education is an ongoing process that enhances career potential, broadens intellectual horizons, and enriches life.
- Shared commitment by faculty, staff and administration to a mission characterized by student learning, diversity, and community involvement
- General education/core curriculum that develops the values and concepts that allow the student to make a meaningful contribution in the workplace or community
- Academic and technical programs designed to fulfill our commitment to accommodate students with diverse goals and backgrounds, using a variety of delivery methods, on and off campus
- Technical education programs that provide for the acquisition of the knowledge, skills and behavior necessary for initial and continued employment
- Student achievement characterized by attainment of individual goals and measured by successful accomplishments and completion of curriculum
- Co-curricular opportunities that develop social, financial and civic acuity
Lamar State College - Port Arthur operates in the belief that all individuals should be:
- Treated with dignity and respect;
- Afforded equal opportunity to acquire a complete educational experience;
- Given an opportunity to discover and develop their special aptitudes and insights; and,
- Provided an opportunity to equip themselves for a fulfilling life and responsible citizenship in a world characterized by change.