(Note: A cookie file contains unique information a Web site can use to track things like passwords, and lists of pages or Web sites visited.)
Personally Identifiable Information
If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails us this information, we will only use the personally-identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another person who is in a better position to answer your question.
For site management functions, information may be collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
Lamar State College - Port Arthur may use Log analysis tools to create summary statistics, which may be used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. The following information may be collected for this analysis including, but not limited to:
- User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, "referer" - The referer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
This Web site contains links to other sites, and Lamar State College - Port Arthur is not responsible for privacy policies on those sites.
Lamar State College - Port Arthur maintains its Web sites on an on-going basis, but it does not represent, guarantee, or warrant that all information provided is accurate, complete, current, or suitable for the viewer's purposes. Lamar State College - Port Arthur specifically disclaims any and all liability for claims or damages that may result from its Web sites or information contained therein, including any Web sites maintained by third parties and linked to Lamar State College - Port Arthur sites, for which responsibility lies with the entity providing the information. A link from Lamar State College - Port Arthur Web sites in no way implies authorization or endorsement of that site by Lamar State College - Port Arthur.
Contact us about the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can e-mail the Webmaster@lamarpa.edu or write to:
Information Technology Services
Lamar State College - Port Arthur
P.O. Box 310
Port Arthur, TX 77641